Why Should Hyaluronic Acid be a Part of Your Daily Skincare
Why Should Hyaluronic Acid be a Part of Your Daily Skincare?
Hyaluronic acid is a potent skincare ingredient because of its highly hydrating and plumping properties. It relieves the skin of dryness, provides nourishment, makes the skin plump and dewy while slowing down signs of aging. Hyaluronic acid is used in its highly concentrated and purest form in serums and is also added to moisturizers, face masks, and face creams as an added ingredient. This powerhouse ingredient brings loads of healthy and hydrating benefits to the skin. Let us get to know all about this ingredient in its full glory.
Also called HA, hyaluronic acid is a thick and gooey sugar molecule that helps retain water and moisture in the skin. It does so by drawing moisture from the air, binding it to the skin cells that form the dermis layer in the skin. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in body’s connective tissues in joints, skin, and eyes. It keeps the joints lubricated, skin plumped, and does not let the eyes dry out.
Hyaluronic acid lessens as you age which is why skin is unable to retain moisture, becoming dry and dull, showing signs of aging. But the good thing is hyaluronic acid is available topically in serums, face masks, moisturizers, and creams. When used topically, hyaluronic acid keeps the skin hydrated, supple, bouncy, and dewy, away from all signs of aging.
Here's why Hyaluronic Acid Should be a Part of Your Daily Skincare
- Combats Dryness. Daily hustle-bustle does not spare us time to drink enough water making the skin dry in the long run. On top of it, harmful UV rays, pollution, smoke, and age further hamper the protective barrier, leading to loss of hydration from the skin. Because of its ability to hold on to water, hyaluronic acid is called a ‘humectant.’ Believe it or not, hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water. When used topically in the skincare regimen, it draws moisture from the air and binds it to the skin cells. It also helps retain water into the skin cells, keeping the skin hydrated up to deep skin layers.
- Strengthens the Skin’s Protective Barrier. The outermost layer of the skin endures the harmful effects of the environment. Over time, the skin’s protective barrier gets compromised, resulting in wrinkles, fine lines, saggy skin, dark circles, or dark spots. As a skincare ingredient, hyaluronic acid fortifies the skin’s protective barrier to help skin cells lock moisture. This helps protect the skin barrier over time and keep the skin nourished.
- Protects Skin Against Harmful Environmental Aggressors. When the skin’s protective barrier remains healthy, skin can better defend itself against UV rays, pollution, smoke, and other environmental aggressors. Continuous use of topical hyaluronic acid helps protect the barrier and keeps the skin protected against environmental aggressors.
- Delays Signs of Aging. Skin dryness is one of the main reasons for early signs of aging. The leading cause of dryness is a compromised skin barrier because of environmental aggressors. Hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin and keeps the moisture locked in deep skin cells. A well-hydrated skin can better delay all signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines, or saggy skin.
- Helps with Skin Cell Regeneration. Skin cells die when the barrier is compromised because of the harmful effects of UV rays, pollution, and smoke. Hyaluronic acid keeps the skin barrier protected, which also helps in skin cell renewal. Healthy skin cells give you youthful and glowing skin.
- Improves Skin Texture and Makes Skin Firm. Skin cell regeneration enhances skin elasticity, and better skin elasticity helps to improve skin texture, making the skin firm, bouncy, youthful, and glowing.
- Works Well with Other Skincare Ingredients. Hyaluronic acid is the safest skincare ingredient to use with other skincare ingredients. It is excellent to use with retinol, vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), salicylic acid, niacinamide, and beta hydroxy acids (BHAs). However, be cautious about using retinol with AHAs and BHAs. It is also advised not to use hyaluronic acid with glycolic acid because of glycolic acid’s low pH level. Any acid with a low pH level will make the hyaluronic acid ineffective.
- Works for All Skin Types. Hyaluronic acid is a gentle skincare ingredient that works for every skin type, including sensitive or acne-prone. It also has skin healing properties, making it a potent ingredient for every skin type.
- Can be Used in All Forms. Hyaluronic acid can be used in serums and added to creams, moisturizers, face cleansers, toners, exfoliators, face masks, and under-eye patches. It is used in its most concentrated form in serum.
How to Incorporate Hyaluronic Acid in Your Skincare Regimen?
You can use hyaluronic acid in any form in your skincare routine, be it a serum, moisturizer, or face mask.
- When using it as a serum, it is advised to use it in the night skincare routine as it will help repair the skin during the resting hours of the skin and deliver enough hydration. Always use hyaluronic acid followed by a moisturizer or a face cream.
- When using it in face cream, a moisturizer, toner, or a face cleanser, use this in your morning and night skincare routine.
- For exfoliators, use once or twice a week as exfoliators are needed only to exfoliate dead skin cells accumulated over the week.
- Use twice or thrice a week for 20-30 minutes in face masks and under-eye patches.
Start the skincare routine with a face cleanser, follow it up with a toner, serum (advised), spot treatment (if using), under-eye correction (if using), moisturizer, sunscreen, and lastly, face oil.
If you cannot follow all the steps, a basic CTM routine is what you should go for, followed by sunscreen. Never forget sunscreen, even when indoors. Always use skincare products as per your skin type. You can also incorporate a vitamin C serum in your morning skincare routine if you want to get the benefits of antioxidants for your skin.
Hyaluronic acid is a powerful, potent ingredient for delivering hydration to the skin and keeping it supple, bouncy, and youthful. It helps your skin stay away from dark spots, pigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines, dullness, and saggy skin. It keeps your skin’s protective barrier always healthy and away from all signs of aging. We advise incorporating hyaluronic acid in your daily skincare routine to keep your skin healthy, youthful, and glowing.
Ansaligy’s Vegan and Cruelty-Free Face Masks and Under-Eye Patches
Ansaligy USA’s skincare range includes vegan and cruelty-free face masks and under-eye patches. Our products incorporate hyaluronic acid in their most concentrated ‘serum’ form. On top of it, our face masks and under-eye patches are made with hydrogel, meaning they use water and gel as their base giving you a double-effect of hydration along with a cooling and soothing effect on the skin. The water-binding and moisture-locking properties of our skincare range will help invigorate your skin and make it look plumped and youthful.